Application Procedure »
Welcome Letter »
Parent/Guardian Info »
Aims and Goals»
Concerns Procedure »
T.A.S.C. is an organisation that has been set up to support the needs of our parents and children. T.A.S.C (like all fritid centres) has its very own set of aims and goals which centre around those set out in the in the Education Act (2010:800 Reviderad 2016) and the Curriculum for Compulsory Schools, Pre-School Class and Leisure-time Centres. They relate to the fundamental norms and values of Swedish schools and society.
We ensure that our pupils acquire and develop knowledge & values and that children have an environment that promotes a lifelong desire to learn and have fun. T.A.S.C. is a place that establishes respect for human rights and democratic rights, much the same as The Tanto International School. There are so many things going on each day that it is important that these values are in place to make the environment and atmosphere positive.
The activities that the children take part in are things, such as: table tennis, pool, homework, reading, Lego, iPads, Craft, Baking, Sledging, Fimo & wood craft etc. Children also have space to relax and have calm time. Some of our play is outside and in the park. The layout of our structure is available to all parents in the cloakrooms of Yr 2 and Yr 3.
Other Quality Opportunities for the Children (No charge)
We also offer our children a chance to join Swedish Reading Club, Football, Tag-Rugby, Chess, Art Club, Drama Club, Animation Club, Yoga for Kids, Cricket and Athletics.
Currently we have Dance, Piano and Violin (run by professionals and incur a charge). Please contact the office for more information.
The Tanto International School day runs from 8:30 to 15:00. After school, there are some activities which children take part in to encourage other interests and skills. We have a specific after school club called The Tanto After School Club and this is set up following the national guidelines for Leisure Centres (Fritids). This club is aimed at supporting working parents and those who are studying.
Current T.A.S.C Opening Times based on needs of our parents (Stockholm Stads regulations for opening times apply to T.A.S.C)
School Days: 7:30-8:30 and 15:00-18:00 (snack 15:00-15:30)
Holiday Days: 7:30-18:00
When you have accepted a place at The Tanto International School and paid the deposit fee, Ms. Lundgren our Admissions Manager, will give you a form to fill in order to be placed on the waiting list or given a place. We currently have 60 places in total. Parents are entitled to a place at T.A.S.C if they are working, seeking work, maternity leave or studying. Please check with Ms Lundgren for further information as we have children from over 10 Kommuns and she can help you with any specific news you may have.
Manager: Mr Cameron (Principal)
Swedish: Mr Bergstrand (Leg. Lärare & Fritids Pedagog) & Ms Falkman
English: Mr Williams, Mr Thompson* & Ms Hannah
* Mrs Miller is currently on maternity leave
Although, the T.A.S.C has its own clear guidelines that are consistent with the expectations of The Tanto International School, the children create their own set of rules each year. They sign a contract of agreement together after a number of meetings and agree to certain expectations of how to treat each other and how to behave and use the environment. The contract is on display around the T.A.S.C rooms.
Parents play in important role in supporting the daily work at T.A.S.C. Areas that parents can influence and support T.A.S.C:
1) Each day staff are available to chat through any areas you feel you would like to discuss. All of our staff are very friendly and welcome opportunities to chat regularly with parents.
2) Parents can follow activities and events on Twitter in order to see the fun and activities the children are doing. Feedback is welcomed related to activities and how the children are finding them.
3) Each year, parents are invited to come in to T.A.S.C and meet staff and their children (Nov) to discuss things and help with development. This is an opportunity for parents, staff and children to work together to support the development of T.A.S.C.
4) Each year, parents are invited to fill in a questionnaire (Jan) about their child's experience at T.A.S.C. This is followed up by staff and management in order to begin to develop the annual review of work.
5) Areas of concerns are best dealt with face to face and T.A.S.C staff and management appreciate open dialogue with parents. In order to ensure clarity please see the Concerns Policy on a blue tab to the right of the page.
Head of Admissions:
General: +46 86697171
Absent/Late Text: 0708904118
The Tanto International School
118 42 Stockholm
SL Route Planner
Bus Route Map
Bus 55 Tanto
Bus 3 to Södersjukhuset
Bus 4 to Södra Station
The Tanto International School teaches children about the UNConvention of Children’s Rights through UNICEF Resources
Class Pages (Secure)